When summer approaches the ladies get out their flip-flops and show off their toes. It is much more attractive if those toes have nail polish colour on them .Nail polish on the toes makes your feet look beautiful and delicate .It is harder to apply nail polish on your toes than your hands. But the following tips will help you to apply nail polish on your toes easily.
There are a few steps that you should do before applying nail polish on your nails. Buffing your toe nails will help to provide a smoother surface. Use a toe separator .Place a toe separator on each foot. This will keep from accidentally getting nail polish on the toes next to each other.
- Use acetone remover to get rid of any excess oils on the nails. Make sure that you wash your legs and remove any dirt, oils before applying nail polish.
- It also make it easier if your fold your legs in such a position which you’re the most comfortable and you can see what you are doing. (This helps avoiding any cramps or pins and needles).
- Apply a thin base coat using 3 strokes, one down the middle, and then one on each side. Don’t paint the cuticle. Put only as much as necessary paint on the brush to paint one toenail. Make sure the layer of polish you put on is thin. This will help to ensure that there is less chipping and smudging for weeks to come.
- Wait a minute before adding 2 coats of your favourites polish, then finish with a thin top coat.
- Clean up any errors with orangewood stick wrapped in cotton and dipped in polish remover.
Let nails dry for at least 40 minutes.
- Wait half an hour before wearing your flip-flops or other footwear on.
- Tip: It’s good to paint any polish remaining on the brush over the front nail edge. This prevents chipping.