Cleaning brushes is very key not only for hygiene reasons but also to increase the longevity of your brushes. Brushes are most likely the most important component of a makeup artist. I personally don’t mind splurging on good brushes. Hence I’m even more determined to take good care of it, which will make them last a long time .It is recommended to deep clean your brushes every 3 weeks to the max, and spot clean every day.
The reason why it is so essential to clean your brushes is because they can store bacteria and also transfer those bacteria to your make-up. Despite whether you are a make- up artist or a makeup lover you do have to clean your brushes. A fresh makeup brush ensures the bristles are disinfected and your products are applied with the greatest colour integrity. They are 100 ways to clean your brushes. I’m showing you the most fastest , easiest and cheapest way to disinfect and clean your brushes .
What you need :
- Cup or any plastic container
- Johnson’s baby shampoo or any other mild sulphate free shampoo
This is a small video that demonstrates how I clean my realtechniques brushes .
- STEP 1 :Mix 4 tablespoons of shampoo and mixed it with 1/3 cup of water .(for more than 15 brushes , )
- STEP 2: Dip your brush in this solution and start rubbing it against your palm in clockwise and anti clockwise directions.
- STEP 3 : Run the brush under water and then continue cleaning the brush . Repeat this process twice .
- STEP 4 : Lay them flat on a towel to lay while you are washing the other brushes. Do not keep them upright as that will let the water seep into the brush barrel and loosen the glue .
- STEP 5 : Pat dry the brushes and remove excess water . Then you can lay them to dry on a towel under a fan or someplace cool.
I used the real techniques travel cases and hung my brushes upside down. This will let the water come out faster and easier .My brushes dried in less than 2 hours.